11 August 2010

Reader Under The Spot Light - Sharon

Sharon has a number of blogs of her own, but recently she has been blogging about Filofax on her craft blog and has been very much part of the recent 'Pocket Revolution'!!

1. When did you buy your first Filofax and what was it?

My first Filofax was probably a Fun Fax I had as a child, then my Dad bought me a Personal Kensington, about 20 years ago and I was smitten! I still have that Filofax, as I brought it with me when I moved from Africa, and it is well worn, soft, stretch and I love it as memorabilia!

2. What other brands have you used or considered using?

I did consider using FC inserts ONLY but the postage to UK was too high. I have tried a Moleskin page a day diary, but it never lasted long!

3. Out of the organisers you own which is your current favourite (Style and Size)?

Current, is Urban Pocket, followed then by the Grape Personal Domino and finally the A5 Domino in Red, all seem to be meeting my needs right now! I am also using the Pocket Chino, and whilst it is lovely, not sure a favourite!

4. How many Filofax organisers do you own?

At last count 10!

5. What do you use your Filofax for?

Work, Personal, Crafts and AVON

6. What was the feature about Filofax you like most?

The ability to change layouts and have it setup as I need it!

7. If you could design your own Filofax what would it feature?

A left handed Filofax!

8. How do you carry your Filofax?

In my bag.

9. Which Filofax in the current range do you like the most? Are you going to buy it?

Pocket, and yes I bought 3!

10. What is the most you have ever spent on a Filofax? Which model?

Approx £40 I think on the A5 Metropol Zip

11. Turning to Philofaxy, what do you like the most?

I like everything about Philofaxy, the info, pictures, links, the whole thing, a great blog, WELL DONE!

12. And what do you not like about Philofaxy?

Nothing!

13. What was the last music album CD you bought or downloaded?

Lady Gaga’s latest CD.


Thank you Sharon for agreeing to go under the 'spot light'
 .

8 comments:

  1. A left-handed filofax. That would be SO good...!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent interview! And so nice to put a face with a name (and a blog...and a Tweet)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pilgrim, I've seen the tear-off pages somewhere other than Filofax, can't remember where. But I have made my own, since I have a hole punch and a perforator. Perforator wheels are inexpensive at craft stores, though the one I have is like a paper cutter with a perforator wheel (Cutterpede brand). I guess the jot pads from FF would do the same without rough edges.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent interview, Sharon. Lovely to "meet" you :)

    I almost bought a red filo earlier this year but chose a "new release" instead. The next one will be red, definitely :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Last night I read this post, and tweeted to Steve to say I agreed that there should be a left-handed Filofax. He asked me to write a comment with specifications of a left-handed Filofax. So, here we are 24 hours later with my thoughts! I'll try not to make this a post of its own!

    Being left-handed affects lots of things right-handed people don't think of, aside from the obvious everyday issues of using can openers and scissors. For example, most handbags (this is a girl problem mostly!) have a design only on one-side, and the zip is usually for a right-handed person. Left-handed people then have to either not show the bag design, or have the zip running the wrong way when they put their bag on their shoulder!

    I was thus on a left-handist crusade when I tweeted to Steve to say I agreed with Sharon! Today, I studied my Filofax while at work and I've concluded: Filofax are already left-hand friendly! I can't see any bit that couldn't be changed by someone if they really felt that the design hindered them. Are the rings in the way when you write? Turn the folder around and re-orientate your pages. Don't like the layout of the pockets? Buy a different style of folder.

    I guess the reason Filofax is so great is that you can make it how you want it. All those problems that irk left-handed people in standard notebooks can be avoided in the Filofax.

    I'd like to hear what other left-handed people think though. Maybe I've missed something obvious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 105? if that is the number of Filos owned it's 10 ! not 105

    ReplyDelete