24 November 2013

Reader Under The Spotlight - Katie

Hello! My name is Katie and I am 20 years old. I'm originally from a small town called Wigan (it's in Greater Manchester!), but I'm currently studying Wildlife and Media at university in Carlisle.

I've always loved stationery - it started off with notebooks! I'm the sort of person who buys lots of pretty notebooks and then never uses them in case I ruin them! I found Filofax when looking for a university planner. I had of course heard of Filofax before, but I hadn't realised that it was still so big and still used! Upon searching, I uncovered a huge area of information and tips! I love to write/read about stationery and I'm a big book-lover too. I blog over at lifeofkitty.wordpress.com about a variety of things, mainly lifestyle, stationery and books.

1. When did you buy your first Filofax and what was it?

I ordered it on 30th July, 2012! It was the Personal Songbird, as I'd seen it at a good price and just wanted to try it out.

2. What other brands have you used or considered using?

I've seen the Gillios online, and they look gorgeous but definitely not in my price range! I really like how the Smythsons and Kiki K ones look too.

3. Out of the organisers you own which is your current favourite (Style and Size)?

I would have to say my Personal Finsbury, though it isn't the one I use! I just love the textured leather on it and I liked that it would look more used than some. My personal Original still looks brand new, whereas the Finsbury shows the use! I like it when items like that become a little battered and look well loved - probably in the minority there!

4. How many Filofax organisers do you own?

A very modest (i think!) 6...

5. What is the oldest Filofax in your collection?

I would say my Finsbury, as it's the only one that I bought 'used'. (It didn't look used at all though)

6. What do you use your Filofax for?

I use my main personal as a daily planner. I have my weekly pages, a university section with notes and monthly pages and I also have a notes section. The weekly pages hold everything that I need in daily use. I put all my university lectures in, appointments, to-dos and just general bits and bobs! My university section has information about my assignments, lecturer's emails and I use the monthly calendar for deadlines, talks and other important dates that relate to my course.

I do have an A5 which I use at home, and in that I plan blog posts, have a recipe section, travel section and a notes section. I do mainly use it for the blog planning!

7. What was the feature about Filofax you like most?

The idea of being able to customise it whenever I wanted, and to really make it my own. It sounds generic, but it's true! I mean, the binders themselves are gorgeous too so that helps!

8. If you could design your own Filofax what would it feature?

Definitely better and bigger pen loops! I've always had trouble with those. The only other thing I would add is better inserts - it would be great if Filofax did a bigger range of designs.

9. How do you carry your Filofax?

I just throw it in my bag! I don't worry too much about getting it messed up. As I said earlier, I quite like the used look!

10. Which Filofax in the current range do you like the most? Are you going to buy it?

I like the look of the Charleston from what I've seen online... Does that count? I probably wouldn't buy it because it'll be out of my price range! But I do love the originals!

11. What is the most you have ever spent on a Filofax? Which model?

£40 something on my green original!

12. What's your favourite Filofax tip or hack?

Using a colour code! It may seem obvious or unnecessary to some, but I think it really helps to make a page look more organised. You can see at a glance what you need.

13. Turning to Philofaxy, what do you like the most?

I like the fact that there are so many useful resources on there, and that the community is so helpful!

14. And what do you not like about Philofaxy?

I probably would have said the colour theme as I wasn't a huge fan of the last one - but it's just changed so...

15. What was the last music track you downloaded or bought?

Oh wow, I'm not sure, it has been ages! Possibly would have been The Lumineers album!

16.  Mark Darcy or Daniel Cleaver? 

I think I'm going to have to go for Darcy...

Thank you Katie for contributing to Readers Under The Spotlight.

2 comments:

  1. You own a modest 6, I only own one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I own 3. However, I only have one in use at any given time. Sounds like you could be a budding Filofax collector, with dozens stacked in a cupboard. From Wigan too, as am I!

    ReplyDelete